Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Rio is here... 2 months ago

I know I am a little behind the times be Rio is here and we love being parents. He has brightened our lives and we love having him around. He was born on June 29th at 2:01 pm. I had a c section because he refused to turn. I guess he was comfortable and was not about to change. The c section was an interesting experience to say the least. I was a little sad I did not get rushed to the hospital and wheeled in by Mario in a wheelchair. I walked in on my own. They hooked me up to all the monitors, started my IV and then they made me walk myself to the operating room. The spinal they did was so painful and all I wanted was Mario to hold my hand and tell me it was alright. But they would not let him in until they knew I was numb.
The Doctor came in and started after I was numb and Mario was sitting next to me. It all felt pretty unreal. I flat on my back which I had not been in months so it felt so weird. I remember a lot of pressure and then a lot of pain. I know I should not have felt pain and I apparently was not completely numb but they could not give me more pain medicine until the baby was out of me. I just tried to bare it the best I could and they did give me some good stuff as soon as the baby was out. It was just painful in the meantime. Mario told me that the Doctor, who happens to be a shorter woman, was standing on a stool and when it came to pulling the baby out he was not budging. She was yanking so hard.
I remember not being able to stay on the table she was pulling so hard. When he did finally come it was so unreal. All I kept telling myself was that is my baby. He is mine. I only saw him briefly and they brought him over to my face after they had weighed him and cleaned him up a bit. The doctor asked if Mario had his camera ready which he took as he could get out of his chair and take pictures. Nope. As soon as he stood up they all about had a cow. Apparently they don't want the dads to see the mom's open abdomens so he was not supposed to get out of the chair. They then took the baby and Mario out of the room and I stayed to be medicated and stitched up. After that they wheeled me into recovery and later Mario and the baby returned. They let me hold him and to my great surprise Mario had not held him yet either. I let him after a little while.
I stayed in the hospital for four days. Rio kept dropping weight because of feeding problems. He has since started bottle feeding. Now he is a tank and has no problem gaining weight. He loves to just look at his hands and loves it when I sing to him. He has been holding his head up from the very beginning. He can now locate his nose when I ask him where it is. He loves to smile and has started to giggle and laugh. He still loves to be awake at night, which we have been working on seeing I go back to work in a few days. We love our new addition.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home