Friday, July 10, 2009

Fire, Fireworks, Fun, and Slumber Parties


For the most part our 4th of July was uneventful, we played games with my family, met some new people, and ate good food. We gathered everyone together to watch fireworks from a hidden spot to avoid traffic and having to get there early. As we waited for them to start we noticed in the field next to us that a small fire started. What an exciting night! Not only did we see fireworks all around us, but we also got to see a firetruck and firemen putting out the fire.

A few days later we had some relatives come into town. I took this opportunity to invite my 4 year old cousin Kara over for a slumber party. We had tons of fun painting our fingernails, putting on lip gloss, and playing hide and seek. She only missed her mom a couple of times.


The next morning she made sure we had to match, and I asked if she wanted to make cookies or a cake. She choose cake (she probably knew that it was easier). She made the whole cake and she even let me help (that is what she told people later that day, I like to think I played a bigger role than that!)

While making the cake Kara announced that she wanted a chocolate cake (after a white cake was already being made) I decided that we would have a white cake with chocolate frosting, then she announced with sprinkles!




Here is a picture of our masterpiece! Kara was so excited that she announced she had to try it right away, and after she licked the frosting from one corner I suppose she was right. It turned out pretty good. Sprinkles and all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home